- Approximately 30 minutes’ drive from Kuching city to the boat terminal of Bako Village and from there another 25 minutes boat ride to the national park.
- The park is gazette on 1st of May 1957 and covers an area of 2,727 hectares and is located at the northern tip of the Muara Tebas peninsular.
- Bako provides a wide range of natural landscape diversity with many species of flora and fauna
- Well marked trails offers interesting walks to spot the famous proboscis monkey and silver leaf monkeys
- The other wildlife to spot is of course the naughty long tail macque moving up close and personal to get free food
- Monitor lizard and squirrels are pretty common sight to see them roaming freely at the HQ and canteen area
- Staying over nite is also an option where chalets are available for rental
- Proper sign have been put up for guest convenient to explore longer trails
- This national park is worth going if you are nature lover and environmentalist, a solute and scenic spot overlooking the open sea and sandy beaches
- Tour Itinerary of the Bako National Park (Duration of 6 hours trip)